Thursday, February 23, 2012

previously. The Spotted Pig, september 2010


I liked waiting at the bar for a table, giving me a chance to appreciate my very kitschy surroundings. This became my first cask ale experience, and while The Spotted Pig's own brew had a nice level of carbonation, the flavors were too subtle for me, and it wasn't cold enough.

I was generally disappointed with the food we ate. Overdressed, under seasoned, and some very confusing plating decisions made this a regrettably forgettable experience. 

And yet the gnudi was so damn delicious, I want to go back.






spotted pig bitter cask ale & pimm's cup



 prosciutto & ricotta tart with marjoram
i love watercress but there was way too much.
once that bitterness is on your palate, it's hard to taste anything else.



polenta & chanterelle with organic chicken yolk
just look at the components. absolutely no texture.




 sheep's milk ricotte gnudi with basil pesto
one of the spotted pig's signature dishes and deservedly so.
airy and delicate. the pesto was also perfectly seasoned.




grilled skirt steak with roasted beets & horseradish cream
skirt steak better taste delicious to compensate for the tenderness. this did not.
(and more watercress??)

No comments:

Post a Comment